Wednesday, August 27, 2008

1 day down, 93 to go - BUT who's counting?


So I made it through my first day of student teaching. I've never been on my feet for so long in my life. I think I sat for a total of 5 or 10 mins. during my "35 min lunch". Yeah right! I've come to the conclusion that teachers are WAY underpaid and are expected to do the unachievable, yet them manage.


I had one little girl that wanted to hold my hand everytime we went anywhere outside the classroom. Cutest little girl! Her name is Abbey.
Today I helped the students write their names. Then I painted their hand green for an art project. I labeled all of their school supplies and made sure they had everything. I think I took 10 different kids to the bathroom (which is all the way across campus!) I picked up the k kids from their recess, then I went and got the 1st graders from theirs. I helped them decide what the picture they drew was and wrote about it with them. I tied several shoes. I played on the carpet with them (yes, full day k/1 kids still get "playtime"). Hum...I took lots of pictures. Some for me and some for Ms. Callway.
This year will be interesting to see how the teaching is done. In a k/1 split, there's not much time for instruction to the single grade.
Well, I'm about off to bed (I know, it's not even 8 yet). I have 10 more things to do and I'm crashing for the night =)

No comments: