
Today was a great day for catching up on errands and other things that I've been putting off for the past week. I never realized how hard it is to stay organized when you have a "job" that you go to everyday all day.
Saturday, the family and I went to Sycamore Canyon. Wendy and I hiked the Canyon for about an hour and the rest of the crew rode bikes. We all met at the beach afterwards. One of the Park Rangers was on a major power trip. It was actually kind of funny. The beach was so crowded that they closed the beach parking. Well, I had already paid for parking, and my parents were parked in the lot (we took 2 cars). So I walked over to the guard station and explained the situation. Ranger 1 said if I could find a legal parking spot, I was welcome to park at the beach. So I pull my car into the lot to park and Ranger 2 started yelling and tell me she was going to give me a ticket because the lot was full. Well, long(er) story short, Ranger 1 came over and told Ranger 2 we had permission to park. Wendy and I found a spot right next to my parents. Was it meant to be or what?!?
The beach was gorgeous! There were some sea lions and some awesome surfers. I left my camera in the car or I would have had some amazing pictures.
School is going good. I really enjoy working with Debbie Callaway in her k/1 split. It's been really interesting to see how 2 grade in one classroom works. Later this week I'll start teaching 1 or 2 lessons a day.
I had an interesting experience on Friday. One of the little girls asked me if I believe in Jesus. I of course said yes. Then she asked me if I pray (keep in mind this is a 5 year old), so again I said yes. I know that I'm not supposed to discuss "religious" topics in public school, but I thought it was neat that the girl asked me about Jesus and I was able to answer in the affirmative!

No comments:
Post a Comment